So last weekend I went to Kanazawa to visit old friends. My friend Ayumi left last Wednesday for Anderson to study for 6 months church music and English. I hope she'll have a good experience there. While in Kanazawa, I went to the Origami Museum in Kaga City where there is a microscopic crane on display (you have to look at it through a microscope). Also, we went to the aquarium on an island about 1 1/2 hour drive away. Kanazawa Church's kindergarten had their summer festival Sunday evening so I was able to help out and enjoy that.
Last Wednesday we had our Kids Party Time. We originally had planned to have it in June but didn't get enough response to feel like it would be good so we cancelled and rescheduled. We had 13 children, 8 were from our school. They made crafts, played games, and were read the story of Jesus Christ, for some, perhaps most of them, this was their first time to hear about Him.
On Thursday I taught the SORA class alone. It went very well, the kids cooperated nicely. I really enjoyed it.
Friday Cindy's friends Paul and Violette visited for lunch. They are a missionary couple on the other side of Okayama. They're very nice people.
On Sunday, I went to Kurashiki Church and met a man from Canada who goes there. Afterwards, I attended this free concert that I passed by. There were a pianist, clarinetist, and singer. The clarinetist also sang. It was actually the sound of the clarinet that attracted me. I've never felt truly worthy of playing the clarinet, but the sound of it when I hear it in someone else's capable hands captures me and I'm entranced. Oh, and do you know how sometimes you see someone and you're certain he/she looks VERY familiar, like you've met them before, or you've seen them on more than one occasion? Well, the man who was seating people for this concert and giving them cold tea was just such a person to me. I sat there searching my memories to figure out how I know him, and I came up with NADA!!! He sang one song too. He's got a good voice. He didn't seem to recognize me and said "Thank You" in English when I left. If I meet him again, I can say "Hey, you sang at that concert, nice voice." Of course, I'll have learned to say that in Japanese by that point.
So, this week is a full week! I basically have a full class load except maybe one, and then next week I'm on my own, with a new class (two sweet little girls ages 2 and 4, I think).
Thanks for your prayers! Remember, you can always ask me a question and I'll post the response on here.
No comments:
Post a Comment