Saturday, August 7, 2010

Lonely I Feel So Lonely I Got Nobody For My Own. . .

Okay, so I'm not feeling THAT lonely. Life sure is different, though, when you're living completely alone. This is sort of like when I was in the dorm suite by myself for a few days each semester, except I have been here by myself a week, and I can't just go upstairs and chat with Morgan or Michelle, or go next door and see Amy or Rebecca. Sure, I've made friends with some neighbors and a lady at the grocery store, but I don't get to see them all the time.

My neighbor, Atsuko, came and ate lunch with me during my lunch break today. She gets back from work right when it starts. Since she takes the train, she has to go by the school where I work. So, we bought our lunch at the convenience store and took it up to the school to eat. It's nice to not eat alone. This afternoon/evening began the Tamashima Fireworks Festival. When I got off work, I met Atsuko and her husband Ken and we went to see the festivities. There was dancing and lots of food. I had squid and cake and coca-cola (in a cup that looked sort of like a milk carton). Tomorrow, we'll go see fireworks with some other friends.

I now have two new roomies: Orihime and Hikoboshi (Ori and Hiko for short - named after the Tanabata Festival mythological story of two lovers who are only allowed to see each other on July 7 each year. I'm still sticking with naming pets after story characters!). They're two gold fish that I was given (because my paper net broke, and they don't want children to cry so you get fish anyway even if you can't actually catch them yourself - - well, I bought them, really, I paid 300 yen). If they live through the night, I'll get them a bigger bowl and some food tomorrow. Atsuko lent me an old fish bowl they had, but it's very small for a tiny fish. The gold fish are small now, but they will grow. So, with the two of them, maybe I won't be so lonely. Well, at least I've got somebody "for my own."

XOXO

3 comments:

  1. Well, I vote it's time to crochet and/or sew. Hours will go by while you hone those skills, and you'll probably get holiday gifts taken care of. I'll pray you find some surprise friends nearby that have a more spontaneous schedule.

    Camille just left with Debbie to work on her apartment decor. A new era in their growning-up lives. -- michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. You aren't alone! (Even though it seems that way). Just remember that Jesus is there with you and all of us back here praying for you! I miss you, I'm lonely too, just know that I'm here for you even when I can't literally be. Your sis seems to be enjoying the new place, and I'm getting adjusted with time. Love you girl!
    *Hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been crocheting some, but you're right, I should start working towards Christmas gifts. It'll eventually be here, and it's a good way to keep me from biting my nails as I bid my time.

    Jesus is great company, but he's doing all the caring here. I need someone I can care for. I'm hoping the fish, the new ones I'll get, will work. BUT I REALLY WANT a cat, or a husband. No particular order.

    ReplyDelete