Saturday, August 21, 2010

The Fortnight of Silence is Broken

TWO WEEKS since I last posted! I can't BELIEVE it! WHAT a SLACKER I am. So sorry for you few, but faithful friends who have been keeping up and nearly given up on me for the lack of posts coming from me.

Basically: For Obon Holiday (which is the holiday where you go and give food to your ancestors at their grave while they visit your house - that makes a lot of sense) I went to TOKYO to visit several old friends and look around. The SKY TREE tower is going to be AMAZING when it is finished. It will be the tallest building in TOKYO, and, probably, Japan.

So, I arrived back Monday morning, catching the night bus on Sunday night. I lost my voice, developed a horrible cough that would give me coughing fits like I had asthma, and now it has developed into a cold (none of these things have hindered my ability to type and therefore this is not an excuse for not writing). I got medicine this evening thanks to the AMAZING Yoshiko Nakashima! Who, by way of the fabulous technology known to Americans as "A CELLPHONE" informed me the best kind of cold medicine, and, then, once I'd obtained it, requested that I take a photo of the instructions and send it to her (all by mobile phone) so she could tell me what to do. AMAZING!!! Seriously, I'm so slow when it comes to understanding the abilities of a cellphone!

I'm alone again, btw. Ori-chan died the night before I left for Tokyo. I was so angry that I decided not to care for Hiko-kun, leaving him at the apartment to starve for five days. He was dead when I came back. I'm going to buy some more fish, and, this time, I'll try to take better care of them. I won't be going on any long trips for awhile, and perhaps if I can give them character names that don't have such a tragic fate tagged to their demeanor, then they might live longer. Though, just so I'm not too disappointed, the next ones might be named Romeo and Juliet--just in case.

We had the children's camp on Tuesday. The three day camp was reduced to one day with four of our students attending. It was great though. I teach those girls on Mondays. They're a handful, but they remind me of my sisters (you know, hyper, rowdy, artsy, bored with studying, fun to be around, loving, absolutely adore me -- okay, so maybe my sisters don't ABSOLUTELY adore me, yet, but they will, one day, YOU'LL see. It's a desire of theirs buried within and covered up by many jokes and feigned wrathful thoughts).

PLEASE post any comments or questions you may have! Encourage all my friends that you know to check out my blog some. It's my way of feeling like I'm able to tell everyone back home what's going on. I've changed the settings so ANYONE can comment, now. Please remember to tell me who you are, though. Oh, and, remember, the best part of a blog written by The Rambler is that you don't actually have to listen to me and you can skip parts and slow or speed up the pace by which you intake the information I spill!!!

XOXO--Ari-chan! (That means "dear ant")

3 comments:

  1. Hi A: Glad to read your news.
    -- michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about your fish :(
    Hope your cold gets better soon. I guess Atsuko was gone to help you with some med!!
    Yoshiko is one in a million!!
    Thats cool you went to Tokyo..!!
    Praying for you . Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always love to read your posts. Not sure what to make about the premeditation of the fatal fish... Hope you are feeling better. Haven't found the tea yet, but we will check Publix again this week for it. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete