Monday, June 7, 2010

Friends and New Things!

Coca Cola has coffee products in Japan! This was called "Vintage" it tasted great!!!
A dishwasher at DeoDeo. They were all this size. I wonder if I could load one of those as well as I can the one back home. Of course, in my apartment I have to wash everything by hand.

Ken fixing the complicated light bulb! (picture as promised in last entry)


Cindy and I had an hour or so to kill Thursday evening between classes so we went across the street to a shop that made some food to go. I tried fish in a hotdog bun (it wasn't nearly as good as a Bird Dog, haha). The small brown thing is a karoki (I think that's right). It's basically a fried mashed potato patty. It is my favorite thing to eat here! The rice triangle was good, until I found the suprise at the middle. I'm not really sure what it was. Some sort of meat, but nothing I recognized - sort of looked like what I'd feed our cats from a can.

This is Cindy! In her hand is some sort of baked good covered in corn flakes. The inside was stuffed with, what we guess, was curry. She is also eating a karoki.

I made breakfast Friday morning: eggs with cheese, turkey bacon (we think, it isn't like I could read the package when I bought it, I was just going for general bacon), and toast!


Cindy and I rode out to the harbour. Isn't it lovely?

The town from our lookout point at the bridge over the harbour.


Saturday night we had a dinner party!
Left to Right: Sachiko, Atsuko and Ken (they are our neighbors), me (duh), and Yukari.
Cindy made a delicious feast of spaghetti with meat sauce, and lots of salad!

Ken brought over some bread - it had tiny fish eggs on it. I thought it was good, but Cindy wouldn't touch it, haha. We shouldn't have told her what it was!

Bamboo!!!! It's not just for the pandas: People eat it too!



This is Aya, cooking our bamboo with other veggies for us. Aya showed up Sunday night, she was confused about the dinner party, but it was okay, because we had leftovers and then she cooked part of our bamboo that we had been given at church that morning. Cindy and I didn't know how to cook it. It was delicious! I think I've had it before, maybe. It's not like I REALLY know what is in half the things I try here.

Monday we went to Okayama. I had to go with Yoshiko to the immigration office and turn in paper work so I can get my Alien Card (doesn't that sound so cool?!). This is a really cool fountain outside the train station.

We met up with Chillie for lunch. She's a missionary from Norway and lives in Okayama. She is friends with Tim's wife Sumiko, and Cindy had talked to her on Facebook before and wanted to meet officially. So we all went to lunch at this place where you order rice and some sort of veggie, meat, or both to mix in with it. It was delicious!!!
In case you couldn't guess: Left to Right - Yoshiko, Cindy, Chilie, and Me.

3 comments:

  1. Yay for Alien Cards! I love all the pictures, btw. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pics honey! Hope you are not a "V".

    ReplyDelete
  3. great pictures!! looks like alot of fun!keeping you in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete