Saturday, May 29, 2010

Safe Landing

I have arrived safely in Tomashima, Japan. I slept 10 hours last night. I have decided that I hate flights (of course, I knew this from the first time I ever went on one, I'm just stating it here). I was awake for about 30 hours straight! I dozed a bit on the bus between the airports, but I didn't sleep.

This afternoon, I went with Cindy (the lady who is here for two months to help me get acclimated) and walked about the town. She showed me where everything was. There is a tall grocery store right next to our apartment building with a big "H" on it that can be seen far away, which is good, because otherwise I'd never find the apartment. I also went with Cindy to a lesson this afternoon. It was a free speech lesson, which meant we just talked for 45 minutes.

I'm tired and constantly thirsty (but that's okay, because we can get purified water for free from the grocery store if we bring this special jug). This morning I woke up and felt hungover. . . not that I really know what that feels like, but I imagine it would feel the way I felt.

Well, America, as you wake up in the next two to five hours I hope you have a great morning and a wonderful Saturday -- mine has been relaxing so far.

3 comments:

  1. Good to know you're safe :) This entry has been added to this coming newsletter. I'll make sure to change all names to an initial, unless you let me know otherwise.
    When you get time, email me or message me your physical mailing address and I'll send you copies.
    HUGS & Prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I'm glad you got there safe and so far everything seems to be good, aside from the thirstiness, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We thank the Lord you are safe! Rest up and know our prayers are with you. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete