Tuesday, May 25, 2010

God Has a Plan For You

This wonderful lady who works with my dad gave me a journal with the phrase "God has a plan for you" on the cover. My great aunt echoed this idea when she told me tonight that when I get homesick to remember I am placed there, in Japan, for a purpose. Pete Cannon, who preached at Grace Point (my home church) yesterday, said that we are here for a purpose now, not a hundred years ago, and not a hundred years from now. Often I wished I had been born in a different time, yet any other time would have never given me the life I have now--a life filled with wonderful friends and opportunities, a journey that I should never give up.

At this moment, I am uplifted. The disheartened thoughts that ran through my mind yesterday are past. I am not afraid of the adventure anymore. "There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear. . ." (1 John 4:18).

2 comments:

  1. Thinking of you :)
    Update us when you get a chance!
    ~Delle

    ReplyDelete
  2. And you need to connect other people to this blog - I'm the only follower!

    ReplyDelete