Saturday, May 15, 2010

Christmas In May

It is the eve of my sister's high school graduation (or, rather, the wee hours of the morning the day of). The relatives are in town. Earlier this evening, my grandmother gave us all huge bags of gifts calling it "Christmas in May." It really felt like Christmas--except that the bags were floral, there was no Christmas tree, it was 90 degree weather outside, and, well, it wasn't Christmas--which was nice since I'm not sure I'll be home for Christmas.

Last Saturday I graduated from Anderson University with a B.A. in English. I'm soaking up memories with family and friends in these last few days before heading on my next adventure: 14 months in Japan. I will be teaching English to adults and kindergarteners. This blog I've specifically created to post my discoveries during this new, exciting, and slightly nerve-racking experience.

Enjoy!

1 comment: