So we made it to church. The church is called Tamashima Lutheran Church. It's a few blocks and a windy alley or two away from the apartment. It reminded me a lot of the church I attend in Bedford, England with the Pibworths, though maybe a bit smaller. (By the way: for any Grace Point members reading, I don't know what type of church building y'all are considering in the future, but I really like this type. It is very simple and uses space wisely, but definitely has a style to it that looks like a church and not just another office building. Of course, ours would have to be a bigger building, but maybe keep this architecture in mind). The picture on the bottom is Tim playing the guitar in the sanctuary. Tim is one of the other Agape teachers. He attends a different church, but he comes to this one about once a month to play special music. I didn't understand much of the sermon, so I read part of Acts.
I'm supposed to be taking a nap right now, but as soon as I tried to sleep I couldn't. I think I'll try again. Cindy and I are going to attend an international get together one of the Christians hosts at his home. It's about half an hour away and starts at 7p.m. We have to catch the train by 6p.m. If I can't get a nap in, I may see about drinking some coffee.
What a full day for you. The flowers are beautiful! Love ya!
ReplyDeleteHey hey I added this in for this week as well, since you've updated so quickly! :)
ReplyDeleteI left out the pics and the info on the pics, and of course kept C.'s name anon.
Hugs & Prayers :)
Delle
Hey! Just noticed that you posted your blog, and I became a follower so I can keep up. Looks like your trip went well.
ReplyDelete-- michele
Yay Food Lion! I totally remember those buggies. We miss you!! I love ya hon. Just remember I'm always here and praying for you! Glad you made it safely.
ReplyDeletePetie