Wednesday, February 2, 2011

If Only a Spoonful of Sugar Really Works...

*Cough* *Cough* *Cough* *Hack!*

That's how I've been since last night. This is the fifth time I've come down with a cold since I've been here. I DONT LIKE TO BE SICK!!! I've always been the person who never got that sick, one or two colds a year, and sometimes something a bit more severe. My colds always disappeared with two or three days. But three of the times I've been sick for a week or longer. Currently is one of those times.

What really strikes me as odd, and it is a bit of a relief, is that I experience a different symptom each day. Day 1 = sore throat. Day 2 = fever. Day 3 = runny nose. Day 4 = cough. Day 5 = fever. And so on. Luckily my mother sent me some medicines from the US that I'm comfortable with. If I was in college I would just skip classes for a day or two until I felt better. But I don't have that luxury now. So, I'm sleeping in as much as I can. Drinking juice and water. Staying away from dairy and avoiding being outside too long.

For the last month I have also been experiencing one or two dizzy spells. One which actually led to me fainting in the shower, and another which almost led to me fainting in front of my class of preschoolers (I sat down in time then). I went to the doctor and he said that my blood pressure is lower when I stand so to not stand for long periods of time, drink plenty of water, and eat a good breakfast. I've never had a problem with standing for long periods before. The only person in my family that really ever had dizzy spells like this was Debbie (and the doctor never could figure out what was wrong with her either).

Anyway, the only thing I haven't tried is asking people to pray for me. So, please keep me in your prayers. I don't like to bother people with my troubles, but I feel like assuming I don't need help makes me a bit of a haughty person. I'll do my best to get well. Thank you for always caring about me!

2 comments:

  1. One might think the germs in Japan are hyperactive but I think it's this year in general cuz I've been sick over and over myself! Currently I'm having a hard time breathing out my nose and gone through a whole box of tissues so I can relate. Too bad you're not here, we could share haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ehh? Share what? The tissues or the germs?

    ReplyDelete