I am blessed to currently be living in Okayama, Japan, which is south and west of the natural disaster. Even so, everyone here knows someone who lives somewhere that was affected by the earthquake, tsunami, or radiation delimma. I'm no exception. My friends in Tokyo are fine, but many of them are worried about radiation.
Psalm 102:16-20 is a hope that I am clinging to now for Japan:
"For the LORD has built up Zion;
He has appeared in His glory.
He has regarded the prayer of the destitute
And has not despised their prayer.
This will be written for the generation to come,
That a people yet to be created may praise the LORD.
For He looked down from His holy height;
From heaven, the LORD gazed upon the earth,
To hear the groaning of the prisoner,
To set free those who were doomed to death."
A request for myself:
I lost my voice last Thursday and have gradually been recovering from it. I am currently able to speak but my voice is weak and I fear a relapse. Because of this I do not plan to participate in choir rehearsal this Sunday. Please pray that my voice will regain its former strength. Also, pray that as I have opportunity to speak to people about the earthquake and about God that my words will have merit and will reflect the Lord always.
No comments:
Post a Comment