Friday, October 22, 2010

A SLEEPOVER!!!! EEEKK!!!!

I'm brimming with excitement.

My Chinese friend (yes, I'm in Japan, but this friend is Chinese) who picked the English name Katrina (Chinese do that, not Japanese) called me tonight to ask if she could spend the night tomorrow night!!! She wants to practice English with me and I can practice Japanese with her (she taught herself Japanese). AT LEAST - this is what I think she wants to do. After all, I don't understand much Japanese (and zero Chinese) and she doesn't speak/understand much English. But I'm worry free right now!!!

My list of things I'm thinking to do with her:
1) Bake cookies!!! I have a recipe I've been wanting to try (Thanks Sarah R!) and chocolate chips (Thanks Megan P!) so that might be fun to do!!!

2) Watch a movie together!!! A chick-flick, of course!!! Maybe we'll go rent two movies. Movies are a great way to learn a language, and chick-flicks are so much fun!!! I wonder which movie I should suggest...there are so many!!! I love movies!!! This is a troublesome issue, I have 20 hours to ponder this though....

3) Offer Japanese bath: in Japanese households the bath water is run very hot. You're supposed to rinse with the shower outside the bath and wash yourself and rinse again and then you get in the bath to relax after you've cleaned yourself. I typically use the American style bath (lots of bubbles! And totally washing in the tub), however when Japanese have guests, they use the bath water first and then the residents do. So, in order to keep the water fairly clean you're supposed to clean yourself before you get in. So, I'll be able to offer that!!! I'm so happy! I mean, I don't know how they bathe in China, but I don't have any rubber duckies to offer a real American bath....So, I'll just do this....Then again, maybe I'll draw the bath twice....hmmm....undecided.....

4) Give ourselves pedicures!

5) Work on a puzzle (I bought this cool puzzle a month ago)

Of course this is just Saturday night. She's planning to stay until 5pm Sunday. I'll be going to church by 1pm because there is a special service at 1:30pm and I'm singing with Gospel Choir, so she'll come too. So, I wonder what we'll do for breakfast....I could get pancake mix!!!!

SO EXCITED!!! I LOVE HAVING PEOPLE OVER!!!

I wonder if when I get married my husband will let me have girly sleepovers? Hmm...please, God, give me a husband that'll let me have girly sleepovers!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment