So, I'm trying really hard not to go to the convenience store for dinner. Even though it may mean not eating until 10:30pm, I'm trying to make dinner at home. Hopefully, with enough leftovers to have it for lunch too.
Ingredients
Half a cup of lentils
Two small sweet potatoes
Can of diced tomatoes
5 garlic cloves
Shredded ginger
Turmeric
Corriender
Hot pepper
Time: about 45min
Today I came home and decided to whip up something based on what I had. So I boiled some lentils with garlic, a bay leaf, and ginger. When they were about half cooked I added diced sweet potatoes. After everything was tender, I added some turmeric and a can of diced tomatoes, and some salt. When everything was tender and hot, I took the pot off the stove (I only have one burner). Then, in a frying pan I sautéed fresh garlic, frozen ginger, chili pepper, corriender and turmeric. Then I added that mixture to the lentils. Everything tasted great, but not quite spicy enough. So I added more hot pepper. It was good!


No comments:
Post a Comment