Before I get to the title of this blog, I thought I'd just mention some non-persiflage things first.
- 1) Genki desu! That means: I'm fine!
- 2) Classes are going great! We have a new student that begins Thursday.
- 3) I'm giving tests to the children this month starting next week. Please pray that they will study hard and also that these tests will help me know what aspects of the language they struggle with the most.
- 4) I'm making friends! I went bowling yesterday (it was a holiday) with my friend Yumiko who I went to the circus with last week (Ligers are incredibly big, btw). And she taught me another recipe. I forget the name, but it's basically a chicken and onion mixture with a nice flavored sauce poured over rice in a bowl. Totemo oishi deshita! That means: It was very delicious!
- 5) Today is September 1, so I have begun the countdown to my 22nd birthday. My first birthday outside of the USA. Mail your presents/cards now or I won't get them in time!
And now, for the persiflage (okay, so point 5 was also persiflage, but that's beside the point -- haha, get it? Point 5 is beside the point? LOL! Okay, sorry for the corny joke. I'm hoping that it'll make what follows seem less corny).
Totally made this up and decided to record it. Sorry, this isn't a video, but I didn't know how to upload a song (any info about that is welcome). Anyway, enjoy!
The Pirate Maiden
by A. J. Randall
Have you ever seen the sky when it's red:
Like the blood or a blossom of rose?
Did it make your heart skip?
Did it scare you a bit?
Or did you just laugh and say, "Ha-ha!"?
If you laughed and said, "Ha-ha,"
Then you probably are
A pirate in disguise as a maiden.
I bet you laughed so hard that you cried;
And then you went about your business.
Are you a thief? Do you steal?
Is it coins or is it jewels?
Or are you a thief of men's hearts?
I bet you are the scariest there is,
But, even so, no one knows, except you,
Because you are a pirate in disguise,
Who enjoys wallowing in the suffering of the sky.
And, so, you go on your way, laughing, "Ha-Ha!"
Ha-Ha-Ha Ha-Ha-Ha Ha-Ha-Ha
No comments:
Post a Comment