Thursday, January 31, 2013

Rewarding Words

I spoke again in Chapel on Tuesday.  To inspire the senior students, I felt led to speak about the circumstances resulting in my arrival at the school.  It was a very difficult and very baring topic.

As usual, a few teachers have since said they appreciated the speech.  Most have said nothing, because, in truth, what do you say to someone who is grieving?

Tuesday evening, I received a message from a student.

Today your speech was great!
I was impressed by it. . .
I have lost my friend so I can understand your feeling.
If you feel sad, please tell me!
When you tell me your feeling, I'll support you!

I started to believe Jesus when I lost my friend.
"To be kind to people is to pile up wealth in heaven."
I learned it from the Bible.

So I always keep in mind that thing.

This message brought a flood of emotions.  As a teacher, I feel that my ministry is to the students.  I wish I could get to know each and every one of them at a personal level, but, unfortunately, I can't.  So, to know that God has used me to encourage one student is a huge reward: a Heavenly reward that can't really be measured.  I'm also thankful that God used this student to encourage me after a very difficult morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment