I don't know about you, but Sunday morning seems to be one of the hardest to wake up for. It's later than the 5:30am I've been striving for during the week, and only a couple hours earlier than what I allowed myself to sleep in until yesterday. So why is it that I have such difficulty getting up at 8am and getting ready for church?
It's not that I don't want to go. I love going to church. I get to sing and no one cares how bad I sound, and our pastor isn't boring so I'm alert throughout the sermon and always learn something that I want to apply to my life. And Sunday School is great too. Granted, I'm usually the youngest person in the class, but we've just started a study of the story of the New Testament and I'm excited about learning more amazing facts about it. And of course, I've become better acquainted with enough members that I feel like I actually have friends there, so I definitely look forward to that!
So, if it's not a lack of wanting to go, what is it? Is it that my bed's gravitational pull is heavier on Sunday morning?
No comments:
Post a Comment