Monday, November 26, 2012

Never Ending November

Wow! What a busy month! I was told September was a busy month but September was rather normal compared to November!

Some major highlights of the month:
English Club drama contest! This consisted of two to three hours of after school practice for two weeks. The club currently has only girls in it. The girls wrote a play loosely based on "The Musicians of Bremen". It was really good and they put a lot of effort into it. When performance day came (11/09) they were stunning. However they had only done one dress rehearsal and the weak areas that showed didn't allow them to take first. But not to worry! The hard work that they had put in landed them 3rd place and one of the judges publicly acknowledged the artistic talent of our backgrounds and the acting talent of one of our girls. The girls were thrilled!

Unfortunately, while the girls could now breathe in relief, I had to turn my attention to another matter: speech contest! Our middle school student who won the regional English speech competition is now headed to Tokyo! Now everyday before and after school I work with him on his speech presentation. I'm pretty impressed with how far he's come!

Other fun highlights:
*visited a public bath / hot spring (11/10)
*went to karaoke with some friends from church (11/17)
*saw the beautiful night time lighting of the autumn leaves in the famous Kenrokoen Garden and had a fun girls night with friends (11/23)
*went to a jazz workshop led by some professional jazz musicians (11/24)
*had a fantastic feast with friends at church to celebrate Thanksgiving (11/25)

Oh, and of course, I've been busy administrating and grading tests for my classes: whew!

Best thing that happened: bought a sofa bed--now I feel like my apartment is a home and not just a crash zone.

Photos:
*girls' night eating Baskin Robbins
*night lighting of autumn leaves
*new sofa bed
*chicken cooked with beer can inside (quite tasty!)







No comments:

Post a Comment