Okay so I know this title sounds depressing but actually this entry will be more positive than my last. At the moment it is pouring outside it sounds like some kind of percussion ensemble all around the building. It's beautiful and terrifying at the same time. The thunder and lightning have also begun to contribute to the occasion. Yet inside I feel safe.
I have begun to settle in and grasp my teaching routine. Last week I taught my first full week by myself, completely by myself. The week ended today with me spending the entire time inside listening to English speeches being given by junior high school students. Our school not only placed but won first place in both categories! I am very proud of my students! Somehow seeing them be confident and recognized for their hard work made it worth going to work early and staying late every day the last couple of weeks.
I mentioned last time that I would be speaking in chapel on October 4. I did and it went alright. I'm disappointed in myself for being so nervous in front of the students and for not being as well rehearsed in my speech as the students whom I've been guiding were today. I'm very appreciative of Miss Endo for translating my speech and I think the students understood it well and received it well. Several teachers and staff said that they enjoyed hearing my speech and we'll see what happens.
I am enjoying my friends at church. They have been very hospitable to me. Last Sunday my friend Ayumi invited me and some of the others from the church to her and her husband's home as a way to welcome me.
Oh, yeah! I suppose I had a birthday since last time I posted. It was very nice. The Taguchi family took me out to dinner and I had a great time reading all the wonderful posts on Facebook that people sent me wishing me a happy birthday. Though there was no big fanfare I felt loved and I was glad that it was a special day in its own way. Here's to being 24!
Here are some pictures:
A picture of all the yummy food we ate at Ayumi and Tatsuya's home.
One with me eating sesame seed soft served ice cream for the first time. It was really good!
And a picture of an interesting statue inside a quaint cafe called Jo House where my friend Jenny, her toddler Olivia, and I went yesterday for lunch.



No comments:
Post a Comment