 |
| Kanmon Tunnel, Fukuoka, Japan - Photo by A.J. Randall |
Tunnels. Seriously, who doesn't like the mysteriousness of tunnels? The unknown dark depth one must venture through in order to reach your destination. Of course, it's the entrances that give them so much appeal. Once you enter, however, tunnels have a tendency to resemble one another. . . with occasional exception. Now, I've been through many tunnels -- the Smokey Mountains are full of them; the Japanese use them all over the place; and when I took the train across the English Channel, well, that was a tunnel, too. Here are some tunnel entrances that look absolutely thrilling.
 |
Clayton Tunnel, England
Looking at this photo gives me the feeling that this tunnel is the entry way into the Medieval past! |
 |
Portage Tunnel, Anchorage, Alaska
I like this winter photo of Portage Tunnel, because it makes me feel cool looking at it, and I kind of needed a chill to cool off in this warm weather. Definitely check out some of the greener photos of this tunnel though, because it's absolutely beautiful. It's apparently the longest tunnel in North America. |
 |
Allegheny Mountain Tunnel
Love the old black and white photo!
Hope you enjoyed this visual trip to different tunnels around the world. Be sure to click on the subtitles of each and check out the blogs and websites they're from.
|
No comments:
Post a Comment